Hello...

So you want to know what this blog will be about...well I have a "partner" not in the homosexual way the business way and we are currently putting together his muscial career...from scratch.....No this is not your regular "Trap Star" with the next catchy dance move as you all seem to like these days. Its real music with feeling and a message. Everyday is full of arguments frustrations laughs success and regular failures....Its life and heres our journey from my eyes to yours...

Thursday, May 5, 2011

The Beginning...or how much I can remember its been so long. I really shouldve started this a long time ago...wait a min...this isnt the blog!

*So one day Rahstar Kariz, thats my partner I was telling you about, for those who actually read what this blog is about...for those who didnt you dont know what Im talking about but anyway...we were talking about music and life as we so often do. He started telling me how he felt about getting back into music. See for those of you who dont know who Rahstar Kariz is he's a very talented rapper, producer, and i mean all around good guy but anyway I listened to everything he said but then I started thinking. Its so nice to know what exactly you should be doing in your life and what you are good at and it just sucks for someone who seems totally lost in the sauce and your going through everyday like its a routine or a bad home improvement marathon, I hated that show. Its almost depressing. I take that back its the most depressing thing you could ever think of in your life.  (pause)      
 ~BACKGROUND INFO~

*I graduated from Norfolk State University in December 2008. And 2 weeks after coming home I landed a job at radio station. GREAT RIGHT! I was so excited fresh out of college with a job in my field how lucky was I especially in this day in time or so I thought! First day on the job Im dressed with my nice work slacks some heels (yes honey it was like I was going to the office) my dad had bought me a laptop bag although I had no laptop (thought that counts or so i told myself) I used it as a purse that day so it was fine. I get there and im waiting to be called back and as Im sitting there I realized something...."Where is the receptionist" like a crazy person I actually said this out loud....but no really where is she. So I wait and wait and wait and wait "What is this the DMV my goodness" I thought. Then next thing I know i hear footsteps o its time I thought. Shot down the lady comes around the corner and is like may I help you and I politely said (of course I wont use his real name) "Yes Im waiting to see Daniel Phillips" and she says o well let me get him. So "Dan" comes to the front pulls me in the back and says o yeah the stations owners just came and fired everybody but 4 people (he was one of those remaining four...lucky you)....I was CRUSHED DREAMS SHATTERED LIGHTENING BEGAN TO STRIKE AND THE SUN WAS NOWHERE IN SIGHT...at least in my mind. In actuality it was a beautiful day outside but i felt like crap once i left. After that I began working a string of jobs in the Human Services/Mental Health field (presently and to my dismay I am still there. I tell people I am using my strengths in other areas...SIKE)
~PAUSE OVER.~

*The past few years  have been a downward spiral. Not in my field, not making the money I wanted, feeling out of place and settling at home was not in the plans, not happy at all. I felt like Julia Roberts on EAT PRAY LOVE, which i loved by the way and cried on that almost as hard if not harder than i did on THE NOTEBOOK....it was really sad because I was at work at the group home. I had to keep sneaking off in the garage to compose myself and hold back the tears.TRULY SAD! So now since he and I have had that conversation and coupled with my B.S in Mass Communications I am utilizing my talents as i always wanted because yes I am a videographer so soon you all will see some video post,  my customer service skills from the many retail jobs I have had, my people person skills that i possess from birth, THANKS G.O.D, and good ol common sense and hard work. We will be a true success I just know!

* So since the start of the year Rahstar Kariz and myself have started a label by the name of BlacFist Entertainment, a website http://www.blacfist.com/, we have completed his first album Letters To Reba which can be purchased in person by he or myself and also online at http://www.digstation.com/. In the next few days the cd will be available on CDBaby, Itunes, AmazonMP3, and also on http://www.allmusic.com/.

**So this is all exciting I went from being depressed not knowing how to jump start my career, my dreams, my goals hey my life and now im building everything from scratch. Yes it is hard and believe from this day forward you all will be able to read the daily struggles, the stresses, the let downs the wins and the journey to the top. Sorry for the crash course but alot has happened since January so we'll have to just clue you in as we go but we're starting from today Cinco De Mayo 2k11. I will tell you the companies to use if there is any artist reading this because this is about the come up and we all should help each other to reach our dreams. That is one thing he and I have in common we dont want to see anybody who is striving to get ahead get left behind but understand OUR JOURNEY IS NOT YOUR JOURNEY so you will have to find and make your own way as we are. I urge that all of you go to the website read more about us so that you further understand what we are about and you understand what I will be talking about...daily because you will get lost if you do not read. A quote from one of my favorite movies CLASS ACT "READING IS FUN-NA-MEN-TAL" lol. I can and will be silly its my nature so dont look for too much seriousness in this because this is coming from my brain. This is Reality as it happens AS I SEE IT!!

***LOVE ME***

No comments:

Post a Comment