Hello...

So you want to know what this blog will be about...well I have a "partner" not in the homosexual way the business way and we are currently putting together his muscial career...from scratch.....No this is not your regular "Trap Star" with the next catchy dance move as you all seem to like these days. Its real music with feeling and a message. Everyday is full of arguments frustrations laughs success and regular failures....Its life and heres our journey from my eyes to yours...

Monday, May 23, 2011

Building Your Brand....not just a career!!!

*Hello again to the very few who actually reads this. I trust all is well. Im ok just another day at this crappy job. Look I know I should be grateful I have 2 jobs and I am BUT GOD can you please BLESS me with a BETTER JOB PLEASE....I HATE this place!!! Thats not why im writing this blog. Me hating my job made me think of "building your brand" in a whole new light.

*Musically speaking we are Building Our Brand, BLAC FIST, daily. Theres always constant promotion, catch phrases, shouting out the cd, etc. etc. But building the brand isnt always the easiest thing. Its time consuming and working 2 jobs now and he working the hours we both need off has had its downsides. Those late hours were once spent brain storming and getting tons of work done. Now...they are spent briefly talking about things that need to get done or just catching up on the day before I go to bed now because I have to get up at 6:30, again just until school lets out and then Ill be back to one job....THE ONE I HATE.......GOOOOOOOSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IM BACK........Back to the topic....our late night conversations just cover what needs to be done and chances are it may or may not get done the next day. Whereas I couple of months ago I wouldve jumped on it. But the truth is Im tired alot now so my drive has diminished greatly. But I still work hard.

*Some ways we have tried to build our brand is through use of the internet. Blac Fist has a FACEBOOK, a USTREAM (2 ACTUALLY), we're on REVERBNATION, we have videos on YOUTUBE, the cd was created and bundled as a internet package so we have internet distribution through CDBABY and its affiliates such as Rhapsody, Itunes, Napster, and lord knows I forgot how many more. We have Tshirts and we have a website....BY THE WAY...www.blacfist.com is currently down. We are giving the site a new interactive makeover and Rahstar and I are so excited about it. YOU all will love it I know...Dont ask when it will be done...these things take time....stop rushing us and and practice patience...its a virtue.

**Anyway, while concentrating on "building your brand" I started thinking about my brand....ME! AM I building my own brand. Since college what t shirt of promotion have I made for myself to make myself marketable to jobs, in my community, or just as a person, having human to human relationships whether personal or impersonal. I really thought about that. And I wont lie I still am thinking about that. How AM I building my own brand and Am I doing a good job at it. Have I failed at promoting myself to the world or those around me?

**Im not going to say I failed but I think there's work to be done. Im not where I want to be. I know alot of people arent and alot of people blame the economy....NO
SOME THINGS ARENT THE ECONOMYS FAULT SOMETIMES PEOPLE ITS JUST YOU!!! Is it me...I like to think I have alot to do with it. So for my situation to change I need to change my promotional techniques. Such as marketing a brand. If one way doesnt work change it until you find one that does. Look at Coca Cola for example they have so many commercials to reach a vast audience and they run all times of the year. So if you dont like the cheesy radio commercials they have the Christmas commercial with the cartoon santa winking at you before fading to the next commercial. I mean who doesnt like a cartoon santa! BLAC FIST has the same almost. Maybe not as many...but we're working on it. How the public sees us, what they say when they hear our name or even to hear Rahstar on his or anybody else's song or album there is a feeling we want the audience and his fans to convey. And those things need be considered when we think of new ways to expand our audience and build our brand. Those things I also want for myself.

**This business is bigger than a good song or a catchy dance move its about character, building a lasting relationship with your audience and honestly making good music to expand your fan base. Its the same with LIFE. Life is about building good character, building lasting relationships with your friends, family, spouses, creditors, co-workers, and even your enemies and honestly selling yourself to the world by being the best person you can be to expand your fan base by influencing others to also be their best and show integrity in all they do. Thats how you build your brand. Thats what I consider when trying to build MY brand! How about you?

***************BE WELL***************

No comments:

Post a Comment